Spanish phrases that use Possessive Adjectives
This lesson complements our previous lesson (Lesson 23: Spanish Possessive Pronouns). So, if you still haven’t I strongly recommend that you watch that one first.
Since I assume that you have already watched Lesson 23, I wont explain Possessive Adjectives and Possessive pronouns again. Instead, I will focus more on showing you a few simple Spanish phrases using the Spanish Possessive Adjectives that we have learnt in our previous lesson:
- Mi camisa blanca – My white shirt
- Mi camisa es blanca – My shirt is white
- Tu auto nuevo – Your new car
- Tu auto es nuevo – Your car is new
- Su casa grande – His/her/its/your (formal) big house
- Su casa es grande – His/her/its/your (formal) house is big
- Nuestros pantalones cortos – Our short trousers (shorts)
- Nuestros pantalones son cortos – Our trousers are short
- Vuestros libros viejos – Your (plural) old books
- Vuestros libros son viejos – Your (plural) books are old
(“Vosotros” is the subject pronouns that is used in Spain for “you” plural. “Vuestro” is its corresponding possessive adjective)
- Sus zapatos rotos – Your (plural) broken shoes
- Sus zapatos están rotos – Your (plural) shoes are broken
(“Ustedes” is the subject pronoun that is used in Latin America. “Su” is its corresponding possessive adjective. But “su” is also used to mean “their”)
- Sus calcetines azules – Their blue socks
- Sus calcetines son azules – Their socks are blue
In the video-lesson below I will share with you some few tips while explaining these simple Spanish phrases, and you will be able to listen how to pronounce each word correctly.
Don’t forget to comment or ask if you have any questions. I try not to leave any questions or doubts unanswered.
Also, I recommend all my students that follow my online courses to do the exams that I upload to my website. The topic of this lesson (Spanish phrases using Possessive Adjectives) is included in Spanish Quiz Nbr. 4 (lessons 20 – 26).
You can find a full list of all the video lessons by clicking on the List of Lessons tab on the Main Menu.
To enlarge the video-screen to full-screen size, click on the icon on the lower right corner of the video.