Continuation on Spanish pronouns for Imperative-Affirmative
This class is the continuation of lesson Nbr. 303, where I showed how we attach Spanish pronouns to the verb in the imperative, forming just one word.
In the present video I will show a few examples to explain the topic a bit better. This way I hope you will better understand how it works.
The rule is: Convert the verb into the Imperative, and then add the proper Spanish pronoun at the end.
Lets work with the Spanish verb “dar”:
If you are talking to one person (you – singular)
- dame – give me
- date – give yourself
- dale – give him/her
- danos – give us
- daos – give yourselves (Spain)
- dense – give yourselves (Latin America)
- dales – give them
- dámelo/a/os/as – give it/them to me
- dátelo/a/os/as – give it/them to yourself
- dáselo/a/os/as – give it/them to him/her
- dánoslo/a/os/as – give it/them to us
- dáoslo/a/os/as – give it/them to yourselves (Spain)
- dénselo/a/os/as – give it/them to yourselves (Latin America)
- dáselo/a/os/as – give it/them to them
If you are talking to more than one person (you – plural):
- denme – give me
- denos – give us
- dense – give yourselves
- denles – give them
- dénmelo/a/os/as – give it/them to me
- dénoslo/a/os/as – give it/them to us
- dénselo/a/os/as – give it/them to yourselves
- dénselo/a/os/as – give it/them to them
In all the cases seen above, the “da” and “de” at the beginning of each word corresponds to the verb “dar” in the Imperative Mood. What follows is the proper Spanish pronoun or pronouns:
- me, te, le, nos, os, se (for the right person or subject)
- lo, la, los, las (for the object it is referred to, depending on whether it is masculine-singular, masculine-plural, feminine-singular or feminine-plural)
You can find a full list of all the video lessons by clicking on the List of Lessons tab on the Main Menu.
Although we will be focusing more on Spanish words, pay attention to the Spanish pronunciation in the present video lesson, and remember to practice repeating the same words and sounds.
To enlarge the video-screen to full-screen size, click on the icon on the lower right corner of the video.